Saturday 30 April 2016

Souled Out


The Righteous Brothers - Souled Out - Verve Records - 1967

Tracks:
01 - Been So Nice
02 - Stranded In The Middle Of No Place
03 - If Loving You Is Wrong (I'm So Sorry)
04 - Here I Am
05 - It's Up To You
06 - So Many Lonely Nights Ahead
07 - I Don't Believe In Losing
08 - Love Keeps Callin' My Name
09 - (I Need) Someone Like You
10 - You Bent My Mind
11 - Without You I'd Be Lost

The Righteous Brothers are mostly remembered for their big ballads such as 'Ebb Tide', 'Unchained Melody' and 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling' but in 1967 they recorded this blue eyed soul classic for MGM/Verve. Produced by former Motown producer Mickey Stevenson, with songs mostly by Stevenson or Leon Ware, this is an album of 'four to the floor' Motown style grooves and a couple of soulful big ballads. Unfortunately the album and it's single 'Stranded In The Middle Of No Place / Been So Nice' failed to capture the public's attention at the time and they parted company soon after.

So listen to the amazing voices of Bobby Hatfield and Bill Medley at their most soulful and wonder what could have been if the album was a hit.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcomed, what do you think?.........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...