Tuesday 26 April 2016

Sun Ra - In Some Far Place


Sun Ra - In Some Far Place Roma '77 - STRUT / ART YARD Records

This arrived in the post today! Really looking forward to listening to it, hopefully I will be able to soon. Its my one concession to Record Store Day, I'm still unconvinced as to whether it's a good thing or not. In fact when I was well and able to get to record shops, Record Store Day was about the only time you wouldn't find me in one!
I couldn't resist this though and fortunately they didn't all sell out on the day. It's a double LP (& 2CD) of a never before released concert of just Sun Ra (keyboards & vocals), Luqman Ali (drums) and Thomas Thaddeus (vocals) recorded in Rome in 1977. If it's anything like the other small group live concerts of the era it should be great.


1 comment:

All comments welcomed, what do you think?.........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...