Sunday 15 May 2016

The Soul Of Ike & Tina


Ike & Tina Turner - The Soul Of Ike & Tina Turner - KENT - 014
Originally Released On KENT (US) 1964-1966

Side A
Goodbye So Long
If I Can't Be First
Chicken Shack
I Don't Need
I Wish My Dreams Would Come True
Hard Times
Flee Flee Fla

Side B
It's Crazy Baby
Gonna Have Fun
Am I A Fool In Love
Something Came Over Me
Hurt Is All You Gave Me
Don't You Blame It On Me
I Can't Believe What You Say

This is a compilation of tracks Ike & Tina recorded between 1964 and 1966 for the Bihari brothers' KENT records of L.A. Containing upbeat r&b and a few ballads, these tunes are definitely geared towards the dance floor. Their big hit 'A fool In Love' is revisited with 'Am I A Fool In Love' and the very similar sounding 'Hard Times' which features Tina testifying at the start. 'It's Gonna Work Out Fine' (their other big hit) is also revisited with 'Something Came Over Me' featuring Ike's vocals and tremello heavy guitar. Unfortunately none of the tracks on this album crossed over into the Billboard chart's top 40, which was always Ike's goal, but today they are considered classics.

All the tracks on this album are great but for me the best are three tracks below, 'I Can't Believe What You Say', 'Chicken Shack' and 'Flee, Flee, Fla' enjoy....





1 comment:

All comments welcomed, what do you think?.........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...